Here are some suggestions to help you keep your jewellery looking new.
- Always put your jewellery on after you have dressed and applied any cosmetics,
deodorants,hairspray, perfume, lotions etc.
- Don’t sleep with your jewellery on. This can cause stress on the components and will make them more likely to break.
- Clean your jewellery after you have worn it with a soft cloth before putting it away. This will remove the oils from your skin and debris picked up throughout the day and help prevent tarnish.
- Always remove your jewellery before swimming or showering.
- When not wearing your jewellery store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, preferably in an air tight container to stop tarnishing.
- Keep each piece separated in its Organza bag to avoid scratching.
- The first important way to keep jewellery from tarnishing is to keep it clean. If you put it
away tarnished, the tarnish will get worse.
- Exposure to air, humidity and moisture causes tarnish. To minimize tarnish, store your
piece in an air tight container.
- A gentle rub with a soft silver polishing cloth is usually enought to wipe away any tarnish.
- A diluted solution of mild dish liquid and water can be used to clean your silver jewellery.
- Be sure that you dry it thoroughly removing all traces of moisture before putting it away.
Copper tarnishes over time just like silver – you can just keep it clean by wiping it with a soft cloth.
- Glass beads can be cleaned with mild dish soap and warm water. Rinse them well
- Dry them thoroughly with a soft cloth and make sure they are thoroughly dry
before putting them away.
- Freshwater pearls are soft and can be easily scratched. An occasional cleaning with a moist, soft cloth is best.
- Wipe them gently with a moist cloth and then dry them with a soft, lint-free cloth before putting them away when completely dry.
- Store semi-precious gemstones out of direct sunlight.